Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School

I do not have a brain right now so this posting will be mostly bullets and rambling:

I have two gumball machines! They need a little work, but I am excited about them! I also have capsules and have been filling them! I have been giving everyone I know a capsule - they have 10-15 stars in each one with a little slip of paper that says wishingstarcollective.blogspot.com on them - I cheated and printed them out on paper because writing that out a million times, while more hands on, would be ridiculous. Also my handwriting is tiny and I want people to actually be able to read it.
I also have permission from Portland Pins to share one side of their SPACE machine for a bit.















And I submitted a proposal to present at PechaKucha - they are considering it. If you don't know what that is - check - it - out - http://www.pechakuchaportland.org/

Whoa. Yay.







I got approval from Kickstarter to set that up! Whooo! Also a little bit terrifying. Trying to calculate what I would need to get this started and then write up things so people will support is...daunting. What if I forget something? Like...machines, and paint for them, and locks and stands, and paper and a new paper cutter, and capsules and uhm...buying my blog site! What else? Goodness. This is all getting serious.

But on that note I took pictures of things! Look! So much better than the last pictures!






I am terribly excited about these. I want to use them for the Kickstarter stuff and the PechaKucha stuff. People seem very entertained whenever I hand them one though. The plan is working perfectly, they immediately want to open the capsules up and play with the stars.

Speaking of stars - I have over 200 wish stars! I think the count as of this afternoon was 226. I am even keeping the story writer wishes in a little separate jar just to see how far it goes - keep it up story writer!

That goes for the rest of you too! Today my wish suggestion is Back to School. What do you want to do with your school year? Even if you're not in school! What's on your plate for the next few months?

7 comments:

  1. I wish I could sleep sort of like normal people

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sometimes wish i were still in school

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish that i would stop worrying so much.
    i wish that i could stay motivated.
    i wish that i didn't second guess and worst case everything.
    i wish i was better at being alone.
    i wish i liked my body again.
    i wish i was a better mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “I wish…” but she had no more wishes as the depths pulled her further down. Elaine knew that she was almost out of breath, out of hope and out of chances and that very shortly her life would end in a most preposterous way. Her lungs were almost drained completely of oxygen by this point. Her head was turned upwards, looking at the surface of the water; briefly she thought of how beautiful the rays of sun streaking through the surface were. Around the edges of her blue eyes the fuzzy pink blackness of exhaustion and unconsciousness became apparent. The darkness crept further and she knew this was it.

    Suddenly, a small, pale white light materialized in front of her. It got closer to Elaine in the dark depths and behind it, and attached to it, appeared a tall, thin woman. As the woman got closer, Elaine began to make out the details; the white light that was attached to the woman’s forehead, a long dress that held all the swirling colors of water, hair the color of green phosphorescence, three small, silver fish swimming around her neck playfully, eyes that held the depths of the seas, and a smile of pointed, sharp teeth. Her smile held both the cruelness of tyrants and the kindness of a thousand saints. She came closer to Elaine and with a long, pale hand striped with bright blue veins, touched the woman’s outstretched palm.

    Elaine’s palm burned like hellfire with the contact and the woman, with a voice that sounded made up of the high-pitched clicks and calls of whales and the baritones of the abyss, said, “Welcome,” and smiled another malicious smile. Just as quick as she had appeared, the woman was gone and Elaine involuntarily breathed in.

    Just as an arm grabbed her around her waist and pulled her to towards the surface.


    (Now, I think signing up with a google account or something will let me edit comments. That way, if I notice an error, instead of wincing and groaning about it after the fact I can go back and edit it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish my stomach would either stop hurting or I knew what was wrong with it. I'm tired of being in constant pain since mid-July.

    I also wish I knew whether or not the people sitting at the table with me were as manic about not synchronizing their eating as I am. Does anyone else do this? I try to see if anyone else is drinking at the same moment as I am out of the corner of my eye, and if they are, I try not to reach for my cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish i had dreams.
    i wish i wanted dreams.
    i wish i could stop pretending to be ok.
    i wish none of this was happening.
    i wish i could stop thinking that it is ok to be where i am, just because of where i have managed to get away from.
    i wish i was ok.
    i wish i wanted to do this. i wish i wanted to exist. i wish this would all go away. i wish i knew what hope was, because it can't be what i have had, because that was lost so easily. i wish hope were more resilient, and less useless.
    i wish i weren't broken. i wish the word broken didn't exist.
    i hope that the pretending i am doing pays off in some small way. i can stay where i am, but maybe i'll wish to move this little bit of useless hope to another area, and pretend a little bit there instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope I get offered the job I'm interviewing for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete