Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hilltop Coffee, Portland, Maine


Hilltop Coffee, Portland, Maine


That pretty face is Kendyll, and she is a barrista at Hilltop Coffee in Portland, Maine - which is where my origami star machine is! Yay!

There will eventually be a sign - there were technical difficulties. That big white square is an artist statement though. 

For those of you who don't know - the machine has little capsules with 10 to 12 mini origami stars in it, as well as a strip of paper with wishingstarcollective.blogspot.com on it. To get a capsule, you pay a quarter. The artist statement explains the whole story, why I started the project and how it all took off, and encourages people to visit this website! And that little jar next to the machine has the little business cards I've been carrying around with me in it. 

Oh, and while I was sitting there, chatting with Kendyll, 3 people used the machine! And it was nighttime, which is a super slow time for a coffee shop. We'll see what happens tomorrow morning! 

For local Portlander's, please stop by and say hi to the lovely ladies at Hilltop Coffee. For those of you elsewhere, wouldn't you like to see one of those in your local coffee shop?

Leave your wishes! 


7 comments:

  1. where do we leave our wishes? I want to wish....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the comments, like the one you just made!

      Delete
    2. In the comments, like the one you just made!

      Delete
    3. I wish for an interview, from my applications I sent out. Please please please! Extra special wish stars for the Maine interview!

      Delete
  2. wishing for a medical school interview again! still!

    also wishing the redhead doll gets knocked up this month and has a beautiful healthy baby next july or august <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing my daughter love and happiness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love These!!!! i'm in Columbia, SC and my friend Emilee Harper got 'em for me on her last trip up there. i've been wishing up a storm and making them (feverishly) myself! Thank you!

    -Noah Brock

    ReplyDelete