Thursday, November 8, 2012

Little bits of Progress

I am continually surprised at how fast the stars are disappearing. The little jar of cards I left out is completely empty as well on an almost daily basis. Seems hard to keep up.

The other day, when I stopped by the coffee shop, I walked past a table in the corner and saw a little girl, maybe 8 years old? With two older women. They each had a pile of about 5 capsules each in front of them and the little girl was explaining why they each had which capsules. I caught something about being happy and sad and great. It made me happy.

I am also amused at the number of stars I find left behind that have clearly been taken apart. I can only assume people are looking for wishes. In truth, I did accidentally lose a whole afternoons worth of wishes about a year ago. I wrote all the wishes out and then had to hurry to an appointment, and mixed all the wish written paper in with the unwished paper. I had folded all the paper in my little carry case before I realized what I'd done - so you might find one. Maybe. But the stars in the machine aren't the wishing stars - those are going to go up for auction as soon as I have a thousand wishes. I think I'm getting closer. I haven't counted in a while.

I wish it wasn't so cold.
I hope I survive the winter this time.
I wish some things had remained whole.

What are your wishes today?

7 comments:

  1. I wish my friend would come home safe from Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish people would learn to love, respect, and cherish the Earth and all its love and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish people would learn to love, learn, create, and inspire to the best of their heart's ability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish for the world to be free of unreasonable judgement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son got some wishing stars and we're trying to find out how to use them. What are the instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, all you have to do is post wishes on this website. The stars are just for inspiration! I put your wishes on paper and the stars I make out of that special paper I save. Once I have a thousand of them, I will auction of the jar to raise money for ALS research!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From my 5 year old daughter:

    "I wish people would be nicer."

    ReplyDelete